Thursday, May 22, 2014

Introducing Nude Skincare

With the changing of the season to warmer, summer days, I found that my skin was oiling up like crazy and I was breaking out terribly! Not good since the wedding is less than a month away.


current skin care regiment:
  • facial cleanser: Shiseido IBUKI gentle cleanser
  • toner: Shiseido Eudermine revitalizing essence
  • Retin-A: doctor prescribed
  • moisturizer: Shiseido IBUKI refining moisturizer enriched
Note: Retin-A causes mild acne breakouts. While I was experiencing this, the acne I was beginning to have was far worse than my typical break outs from the Retin-A. Retin-A is a type of cream that uses Vitamin A to help skin renew itself and treat acne. Need some acne help? Talk to your doctor about getting a prescription.


Shiseido is a great company that produces quality products, however I felt that while Shiseido in general kept my skin clear, it didn't do anything to enhance it. We are of course always looking for that product that makes our skin glow and look healthy.


So I went to my local Sephora to see an alternative to my skin care regiment. Walk in sales associate and the introduction of 


NUDE Skincare





who they are: the brainchild of a natural food entrepreneur and a fashion-conscious global activist, NUDE Skincare believes that nutrition is as essential for the skin as it is for the body. The precisely balanced diet of omegas, minerals, probiotics, and antioxidants in NUDE Skincare nourishes your complexion with the active, healthy ingredients that your body naturally craves. The result? Fresh, luminous skin.


what I got: NUDE is definitely a premium product and can be pricey. Rather than diving head first into this investment, I purchased their Essential Skin Radiance Kit which includes a full size Perfect Cleansing Oil Face & Eyes and a good sample of their ProGenius Treatment Oil and Cellular Renewal Moisturizer. 

why it's "good": Packed with omega 3 and 6, the cleansing oil deeply cleans and eliminates impurities and even the toughest waterproof makeup, without stripping the skin. The ProGenius Treatment Oil contains 100% pure, active plant oils, and is rich in omega 3, 6, 7, and 9, delivering a deep and long-lasting skin cell nourishment for instant radiance. The Cellular Renewal Moisturizer helps repair cellular damage and supports natural cellular renewal while deeply nourishing the skin.


"research" results: In a self evaluation conducted by NUDE on 30 women, ages 20-69 using NUDE for 28 consecutive days, they saw 100% hydrated skin and 90% saw soft and comfortable skin. they also saw an increase in skin luminosity and nourishment, smoother skin with better elasticity, and skin that was better protected.


my results: I have been using the kit for a week. While a week is definitely not enough time to see dramatic results, I have seen some results I am very happy with. My skin manages oil a whole lot better! Who would have thought that applying the ProGenius Treatment Oil (oil on top of oil) would help remedy it? I'm less shiny and my skin is more balanced throughout the day. Additionally, my acne started receding (but again, this can be due to the Retin-A). The drying that the Retin-A was causing has been remedied and the acne scars I have are healing at a better rate than before. 


verdict: I'm pretty happy with this set. I will update you once its been a month. But for $52 for this kit, its definitely something worth trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment