Thursday, October 4, 2012

Change in You: Knowing Yourself

 

                                               “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.”
                                                                         ― Dalai Lama






I wake up in bed, I stare at the sunlight...I ask myself what I'll be wearing today and if it's going to be a good day or not. I have my on and off days but today is the day where I need change.  I've been lingering on with the same situation over and over again that I haven't done anything for myself... This is it I thought...This is when I'll thinking of me and no one else.  What makes me happy? Is it shopping? Is it Yoga? Is it running? Or is it love? I love all of those but as of now, I need to start thinking of loving myself first! Self esteem needs self assurance.  I know it's difficult comparing yourself to someone else because wanting to be better feels good to the ego, but accepting you're not shows pride.


This topic is all about change. Am I happy with myself? Life sometimes gets repetitive and routine starts getting boring...Do something different. Whether it's getting a new piercing, or buying a new dress, it's okay to show off once in a while. It's about excitement and having something different and refreshing. Don't be afraid to spend a little money on things you'll feel good about having. I haven't done anything for myself for the longest time but recently I wanted to get a hair do. I'm bored with my hair so I'm thinking of changing the color and cut. It's crazy how much hair can change a look.


Have a night with friends, whether it's girls night or a movie, whatever it is laugh more often.  I know saying to forget about current problems is hard, but realize the laughter and joy all around! Happiness is a direction, not a place.  If you can, get some sun!! Psychological fact: People who enjoy being out in the sun are more likely to be happier.  Happier people are more likely to fall inlove, because their happiness makes other people happy.

Start thinking of all the good things in life and focus only on those. If stress ever comes to mind, it's healthy to write it down, tell a friend, do some activities, or even taking a nap!
 

Traveling is my favourite.  I've imagined myself going to all these places because a getaway is needed for everyone!  See the world, see their struggles, see their culture, see the different lives that people live and I guarantee that leaving a new destination is already a change. It's important to plan out your trip but don't forget to save a day to just relax....I think of laying in the sand and relaxing!

Good change is showing you're better off showing happiness than weakness.  You may not realize, but people will see it in you and look at you as someone who knows their self worth, and as someone who has rewarded them self with whatever it is they've been through.

It Shines Through :)

No comments:

Post a Comment