Thursday, September 4, 2014

My Ojon Hair Experiment: SUCCESS!!!



I often like to visit the local beauty store and try out new products. While I tend to favor the more wallet friendly options, I thought to splurge a little bit and see whether the high-end hair care products are really worth the extra buck.

 

Test Brand: Ojon
Products: Volume Advance Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner, Volume Advance Thickening Spray, and Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment
 


Volume Advance Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner: Manufactured with volume-boosting coconut and protein-rich Peruvian Amaranth, the shampoo works to remove dirt, oil, and product build up that drags hair down. The conditioner is manufactured with Peruvian amaranth, lemongrass extract, soy, and wheat protein to hydrate and increase volume.
 

Volume Advance Thickening Spray: Manufactured to help nourish, strengthen, and protect against heat damage. Clinical trials proved that hair diameter was increased by 21% and that its strengthened hair against breakage by 97%.
 

Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment: A rich and velvety balm to words to hydrate, repair, and restructure hair. Clinical trails saw a 64% improvement in the condition of dry, damaged hair after the first treatment.
 


My Verdict: My favorite for this purchase was the hair treatment. The treatment comes in a solid form but once you warm the form between your hands, it becomes oil. I left it on for 20 minutes and washed it out. Washing it out was a little difficult, and even after 2 washes, I felt like my hair still had residue leftover. I left it as is and found that my hair was super soft and no longer coarse on the ends. Once my hair dried, I didn’t even notice the residue.
 

My second favorite was the shampoo and conditioner. My hair typically is straight and fairly flat. However, when I let it air dry after using the shampoo and conditioner, my hair had definite lift. While not dramatic like a Brazilian blowout or blow drying, it still had body and movement which was lovely. After the second wash, I had braided my hair and left that in overnight. My waves the next day were absolutely gorgeous, tame, and volumized.
 

My least favorite was the thickening spray. I feel it didn’t do much, however the heat protection was nice (although I didn’t need it).
 


Conclusion: Splurge on the hair treatment for sure. Definitely worth $20. For the shampoo and conditioner it’s nice, but I’m not sure if I’d be willing to spend another $40 for two new bottles. And I’ll most likely be returning the thickening spray.
 Have you used Ojon products before? What’s your favorite?


1 comment:

  1. Being Dermatologist in Sarjapur Road myself I like to experiment with different hair oil and recommend people. It seems promising, nice finding.

    ReplyDelete