Saturday, March 1, 2014

Healthy Hair Tips For Night Time

I am not even going to try to lie about the way I sleep. I wake up and my bed looks like I ran a worldwide marathon. It never really bothered me until I started to think about what all that movement was doing for my pretty locks. Oh, no! The thought of it just makes me cringe as I imagine all of my hair being yanked and curved, crinkled and friction created up against the fabrics of my sheets. I'm a heavy sleeper, so I don't even know that I am kicking around like a banshee. So, instead - I decided to do whatever I could to protect my hair prior to going to bed, so that less damage is done as I apparently act like a fool throughout the night.


These tips will help against split ends, damage and other things that can seriously ruin a good hair day!

Keep It Moisturized
Is your hair looking thirsty? This isn't a good look. Just like your skin, your hair needs to be moisturized in order for the lush, elasticity elements to be there. Properly conditioning your hair is something that you should be doing every day, but you should also be taking the time to give yourself a deep hair care therapy treatment once a week. Conditioned hair is less likely to break, which results in less damage, frizz and split ends. When it comes to nighttime, moist hair can handle the tossing and turning more than crispy, thirsty hair can. The latter will break, and moist hair will not.


Brush Before Bed
Do not underestimate the power of this simple task. Brushing your hair before you lay your head down at night will get all those tangles out, and will also deter simple knots from turning into larger ones which almost always results in breakage and split ends. That's also not to mention that detangling your hair at night will also save you some time in the morning. Well, as long as you don't sleep like I do and are all over the place. The smaller the tangles, the less the damage is. So, brush 'em out!

Stick with a Healthy Hairstyle
There has been a lot of talk surrounding what hairstyles are healthy to wear at night. If you tie your hair up, you are decreasing the amount of friction that is placed on your hair at night. So, you get less breakages and split ends. However, it is absolutely crucial to remember to keep your elastic extremely loose when tying it up before bed. This can be hard to do without having your hairstyle fall out, so I highly suggest rummaging through your old hair accessories and finding a scrunchy! At least they serve a purpose for something, right?


Satin or Silk Pillows
The smoother the fabric is on your pillow case - the better. Opt for silk or satin pillow cases to keep your hair healthy and deterring any unnecessary friction. If you don't have this option, use a silk wrap or scarf over your head. This will serve the same purpose, but if you sleep like a wild woman.

Photo Credit: http://www.prevention.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment